United Way of West Central Minnesota is seeking candidates for the Success by 6 Coordinator position. This position is responsible for early learning and pre-literacy skill development programs; including the summer GrowMobile and in home childcare visits, directing community outreach and community project development, grant writing and advocacy for early childhood education.
To apply please send cover letter and resume by July 1st, 2015 to:
United Way of West Central Minnesota
PO Box 895
Willmar MN 56201
or via email to email@example.com
Download a copy of the full job description Success by 6 Coordinator
United Way of West Central Minnesota Success by 6 Coordinator
To effectively work with the Executive Director and Empower Steering Committee to prepare preschoolers for kindergarten through the school year, child care, and summer GrowMobile program and the implementation of the Success by 6 Program.
This position is responsible for working with community volunteers and partners within diverse communities to make progress in preparing children of west central Minnesota for kindergarten and to support learning opportunities birth to age 6.
This position will plan, coordinate, and execute visits to surrounding communities and day care sites using a Creative Curriculum and assessment tools.
The coordination involves working with sponsors, outreach with media and volunteers, planning and implementation of curriculum, working with children and families, along with some administrative details.
This position will also work with United Way and Empower to coordinate community projects, conduct meetings, grant writing, and advocate early childhood education.
• Bachelor’s degree. Preferred degree and/or experience in early childhood or elementary education
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills are necessary for working with caregivers, volunteers, and community members.
• Must be detail-oriented team worker who is able to work on a variety of skills independently.
• Computer efficiencies in Microsoft Word, Excel and demonstrated ability to learn and work with other software.
• Effective ability to work with and lead a wide variety of volunteers and children.
• Multi-cultural experience and bi-lingual skills preferred.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to transport materials used in carrying out the duties of the position.
• Ability to be courteous, tactful, and professional while demonstrating an interest in the needs of young children and their families.
RESPONSIBILITIES: School Readiness/Literacy Initiatives
• Work with the United Way Executive Director to provide coordination for United Way Success by 6 committees through the planning and leading of meetings.
• Coordinate the volunteers and partners involved in the Success by 6 team as they work on established goals.
• Implementing and developing early childhood curriculum during summer months which includes ordering bulk book shipments to accompany curriculum.
• Follow through on projects that need support beyond the work of volunteers.
• Develop plan of action to create new initiatives and continue existing programs that support successful children and families through collaborative efforts with volunteers.
• Conduct outreach for Success by 6 services such as Imagination Library and services that impact families with young children such as United Way 2-1-1.
• Assist with community impact work that has relevance for children and families.
• Assist in grant writing and fund development strategies for Success by 6 Initiatives.
• Preschool screening backpack program.
• Participate in skills training opportunities.
• Represent United Way of West Central Minnesota at various community events.
• Perform related work as required.
• Serve as professional representative of United Way through phone, email, social media and office contact.
• Maintain appropriate files and records.
• Attends all Committee meetings and comes to meetings prepared with updated Success by 6 information.