Making sure that our children come to school prepared for school, supporting them through high school, and helping people of all ages gain job skills creates a ripple effect of success throughout our United Way of West Central Minnesota communities.
• Prepare children of West Central Minnesota for kindergarten and support learning opportunities for ages 0-6.
• Every youth (Preschool to 12th grade) engaged in ongoing experiences that build positive life skills and receive the support they need to be successful.
• Promote education to address adult needs to enhance financial stability and independence.
Our Work in Education
• Currently funding agencies that help prepare preschoolers for kindergarten or engage regional kids in safe nurturing after school activities.
• Operates the United Way Growmobile program bringing free preschool into 9 neighborhoods summer between Willmar, New London, Raymond, Atwater and Pennock. During School year visit 12 daycares with preschool lessons free to provider and children. **
• Funded Play and Stay at Willmar Library. **
• Funded transportation to preschool in Litchfield, iPads to preschool providers, funding to Litchfield Community Playground++.
• Providing 900 preschoolers with Early Childhood screening pack backs.
• Providing over 2,200 preschoolers with Imagination Library books at no charge to the families to help engage our regional little ones in reading.
• Run an annual school supply drive for area schools.
• Sit on Early Childhood Initiatives in Willmar, KMS, Litchfield, and BOLD; MN State Birth to 3 planning sessions; and Willmar Early Childhood Cabinet.
**Willmar Empower ++ Litchfield Empower