United Way of West Central Minnesota has several summer internship positions open with the United Way GrowMobile.
Internships are non-exempt positions Monday- Friday and report to Success by Six Coordinator and Executive Director
June 6th – August 24th, 2018 July 4 Off
30-40 hours per week
$11 per hour along with mileage reimbursement
High School Diploma with an interest in Early Learning or Elementary Education
Valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
Absence of 5 days or less throughout the summer (exception of Holidays)
Able to start by June 6th
Assist with the overall planning, coordination and execution of the Summer Growmobile Program.
Purpose of this position: To assist with the implementation of the Growmobile. Responsibilities will include coordinating Growmobile vehicle needs, preparing Growmobile projects, marketing Growmobile programs, operating the Growmobile and working with volunteers.
Internship Skills Required:
• Self motivated
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Dedication to United Way and an advocate for the organization
• Ability to work cooperatively with others
• Able to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to work in an environment of deadlines
• Ability to complete various office tasks as needed
• Computer proficiency: Work, Excel, Publisher (or the ability to learn)
• Occasional evening and weekend duties may be associated with internship positions
What is the GrowMobile?
The GrowMobile is a program of United Way of West Central Minnesota that provides a mobile preschool experience to at risk children. The GrowMobile hosts a preschool experience at multiple stops a day during the week throughout the summer. The GrowMobile is a community initiative and allows interns to work with volunteers, businesses, agencies, schools and other regional entities. This program is unique to our region and is working to prepare our community’s children for school.
Resumes, Cover Letters & Questions can be directed to:
United Way of West Central Minnesota
PO Box 895