The Office Coordinator/Bookkeeper is responsible for the day-to-day administrative and bookkeeping functions to help ensure the smooth functioning of the United Way of West Central Minnesota’s overall central office. Office coordinator duties involve clerical and administrative support, greetings visitors, answering phone calls, overseeing office supplies and equipment, etc. Bookkeeping tasks involving preparing donor receipts journal, accounts payable, receivable, and general ledger items. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, functions well in a fast-paced environment and is a team player. A passion for the mission of the United Way and for helping others is required. Reports to the Executive Director.
- Assists with Board/Committee meeting preparation
- Drafts correspondence as requested
- Participates in events as needed as a member of administrative staff.
- Answers phones, receives office visitors, and handles routine correspondence.
- Orders and stocks office supplies. Monitors office supply levels and reorders as necessary
- Oversees the functioning and maintenance of office equipment (photocopies, postage machine, etc.)
- Serves as a resource to United Way of WCM’s Staff, Committees, and Board.
- Collects staff time sheets and assists outsourcing Payroll/Human Resources Firm with in-house activities as needed.
- Provides Administrative Support to the Executive Director.
- Helps prepare and distribute Board and Committee Agendas, mailings, etc.
- May assist at special events and with donor recognition.
- Prepared Receipts Journal for all checks, ACH, and cash donations.
- Prepares deposits and bank deposit slips.
- Verifies and compiles bank deposits and enters accordingly
- Enters all donation information into donor tracking software. Runs queries and reports.
- Prepares and codes all accounts payables (A/P) for approval and processing of checks.
- Handles some aspects of the general ledger (G/L)
- Maintains orderly electronic and paper files of all transactions.
- Works with outsourced accountants to produce monthly financials and provide financial information and reports as requested.
- Other support duties as requested by the Executive Director, the Board, Accountant, or Payroll/Human Resources firm.
Experience & Skills
- 3 to 5 years prior professional office experience
- Must be able to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced, team
- Must have a friendly, outgoing personality with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organization skills and very detail oriented.
- Proficiency in or ability to learn the various software programs utilized at the United Way of West Central Minnesota, including Microsoft Outlook and Office. Expertise in Excel is a must.
- Must have a passion for the mission of United Way of WCM and enjoy helping others.
- Must be a high school graduate.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Flexible scheduling options including 4 or 5 days per week, including some remote work.
- Hourly, non-exempt position.
- Hours and days of the week consistent but may occasionally vary according to business needs.
- Occasional evening and/or weekend hours may be requested for special events.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Send resume and cover letter to Steve@liveunitedwcm.org