MVTV Wireless is a member-owned fixed wireless internet provider in Central and Southwestern Minnesota. The Broadband Assistance plan would include: up to 10 Mbps download speed with unlimited data and an email address for $29.95 per month. Service is based on line of sight. MVTV Wireless does not have contracts and service is month by month. There is a one-time cost of $89.95 which includes set up, installation, and membership. Equipment included is an outdoor antenna, indoor power supply, and CAT5 cabling. Routers, devices, and extenders are purchased and owned by the customer.
- Broadband Internet Service up to 10 Mbps for only
$29.95 per month.
- Great for working & schooling from home, healthcare & entertainment.
- Monthly service with no contracts.
- One-time Setup and Membership fee of $89.95.
- Income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Lifeline, or free and reduced-price school lunch program.
- Must live within MVTV Wireless Service Area and have a line of sight.
Emergency Broadband Benefit
The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
How to Apply
There are three ways for eligible households to apply:
- Contact your preferred participating broadband provider directly to learn about their application process.
- Go to GetEmergencyBroadband.org to apply online and to find participating providers near you.
- Call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application, and return it along with copies of documents showing proof of eligibility to:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
After receiving an eligibility determination, households can contact their preferred service provider to select an Emergency Broadband Benefit eligible service plan.