Special Events Coordinator Position Opening
The mission of the United Way of West Central MN is to mobilize the caring power of communities to transform lives and advance the common good.
Job Description: Special Events Coordinator-Part time as needed
Supports the success of fundraising events. Works with staff and volunteers in planning, coordinating, and implementing events designed to raise funds for and to promote community awareness of United Way programs and services
- Provide support in the research and identifying of fundraising events and solicitation of new and existing Sponsors/Donors/Participants/Volunteers to support said events. Perform duties, with little supervision, exercising confidentiality, independent discretion, and judgment.
- Coordinates work as needed with external and internal audiences and maintain spreadsheets of all special event timelines.
- Assists with planning, implementation, and production of all fundraising events including vendor relationships, budgets, and event logistics.
- Works to develop materials related to events (signage, programs, name tags, etc.)
- Works at special events as needed (preparation, set-up, execution, and teardown.)
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
The United Way of West Central MN is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience: prefer special events experience, nonprofit events preferred. Minimum 2-3 years of fundraising experience preferred. Corporate and/or Business-to-Business sales leadership experience. Progressive experience in successful development programs and knowledge of “best practices” in development.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent verbal and written skills. Highly organized and detail-oriented to manage event timelines and processes
Travel/Hours: Requires occasional travel within the region. Hours: As determined by the supervisor, may include occasional nights and weekends as needed to support special events.
Contact Kevin at email@example.com if interested in learning more.